Wednesday, October 10, 2007

!!!

It's really hard to discuss the band !!! with people. Let me explain:

The band says its pronounced "chk chk chk," but it doesn't make it easier to describe to anyone who hasn't heard of the band. I was explaining to a friend that anyone you tell would think the name is "chick chick chick" and not "!!!" Anyways, here is my new foolproof way to describe them.

Me: Hey, have you ever heard of chk chk chk?
Random Person: No. That's a cool name though, "chick chick chick." Is it a bunch of girls?
M: No, you misunderstand. The name is chk chk chk.
RP: That's what I said.
M: No, the name is "CAT!!!" without the "cat."
RP: Okay, so their name is an exclamation point?
M: Again, no. Listen closely: CAT!!!
RP: Oh, three exclamation points. Bitchin', I think I'll check them out.

Thanks for the confusing conversations you've caused, !!!.

No comments: